Monday 14 October 2013

Integrating VMware with GNS3

Hi All,

  This is one of the toughest situation I faced when I tried to integrate VMware and GNS3 as I had to simulate a voice gateway working with CUCM and as I said its a no hardware lab (excludes my PC). After 2 months of trails and failures finally I found a way to do it.




  In the previous posts we have created loopback adaptors and VMnet1 adaptor. I have emphasized on VMnet for this reason only so our integration becomes easy with GNS3.

   In the last post we have created a VMnet adaptor with IP 192.168.1.1 and we will use the same adaptor to the cloud of GNS3.

Here is how I will configure it, I will configure fa0/0 port on my router on GNS3 with IP 192.168.1.90. Please note while installing your CUCM give your CUCM gateway IP of GNS3 router , in our case it would be 192.168.1.90.

Step 1: Create a normal topology with a router and a cloud.
Step 2:

Configure Cloud with VMnet 1 adaptor:






 Step3:

Create connection using manual connection on interface fa 0/0:




Step 4:

Configure Router




Step 5:

Check Connectivity





In step 4 you will see that I am not able to ping my VMnet adaptor 192.168.1.1, not to worry that happens due to some firewall issue but I can ping my Call Manager on 192.168.1.10 and Vice versa from 192.168.1.10.

    If you like it please like my page on facebook and put your comments if you need any help.I will try to revert back to you as soon as possible.






4 comments:

  1. what is the name of your page on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disable your windows firewall to resolve the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bushan krishnamurthy24 July 2017 at 16:57

    Hi Jammy,

    How will you integrate GNS3 and VMware if they are running on different PCs?.. Please suggest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, its good paragraph about media print, we all be aware of media is a wonderful source of data.

    ReplyDelete